This is a currently in use Perkin Elmer Tri-Carb 2810 TR Scintillation Counter. The unit comes complete with the quanta-smart software, and everything you need to operate. Included is the unit, software, computers, and sample holders seen in the photos. We are currently using the units and it is up and running. We will throw in the heavy duty table it sits on if you want it and a small refrigerator for samples (posted for radiation use but not contaminated)
You will need to arrange shipping. The unit can fit onto a single pallet. We can shrink wrap it and strap it to a pallet for free. If you want it crate, it will cost $500. We will help you load it onto your truck with a fork lift at our warehouse.
The unit weighs 500 lbs.
From the Manufacturer
Standard instrument features
- Powerful computer system control on a dedicated ergonomic support arm with 2 GB (minimum) RAM and 80 GB hard disk (minimum), built in DVD R/W and EtherNet support.
- Robust downloading sample changer mechanism with an electrostatic controller and a double light sealing shutter that allows the photo multiplier tube detectors to remain on for maximum stability even during sample changing.
- Patented TR-LSC (Time-Resolved Liquid Scintillation Counting) is featured for high sensitivity, low background counting of LS samples. TR-LSC increases sample throughput and reduces cocktail consumption.
- Multi-parameter with an effective resolution of 1/10 keV offers an extended dynamic quench range and provides mutli-parameter spectrum analysis to correct for luminescence, color quenching and background radiation
- Live SpectrView automatic spectrum display aids in optimizing counting conditions and helps evaluate complex sample situations. It allows temporary regions on the spectrum screen and enables the operator to monitor the effect of AEC (Automatic Efficiency Control) while the sample is counting.
- 133Ba low energy external standard source and tSIE (transformed Spectral Index of External standard) calculations eliminate the effects of vial glow, plastic wall and cocktail on the DPM results. The use of integral spectrum counts eliminates the need for repeat counting of external standard and negates the effect of isotope half-life on quench monitoring accuracy and precision. The 133Ba external standard is centered under the sample vial which eliminates the effects of volume variations and assures reproducible quench monitoring for the life of the instrument.
- Positive sample identification provides protocol number, cassette number, sample number, and user-selectable printout and data file storage of the counting time and date for each sample.
- Quick-Count sample loading for 15 independent protocols (with unlimited assays) provides unrestricted access to sample changer and protocol selection plugs. Sample batches are processed by simply activating the Quick-Count protocol plugs, thus minimizing any user programming.
- Anti-jam recovery of the sample changer mechanism protects samples, vials and the counting system from damage if obstructions occur.
- Automatic power-fail recovery restarts counting when power is restored and the instrument has reinitialized itself.
- Date and time clock provides real time display and time-stamped printouts; battery supported