Shielded Tool Monitor frequently used by nuclear stations to clear radioactive materials for release to to the public.
We have complete parts sets for several of these including detectors and heads. If you have a SAM-9 and are contemplating paying $80K+ to do the same thing because you cannot find parts, despair no more. We have them.
Call or email for parts prices and shipping costs.
This is a currently in use Perkin Elmer Tri-Carb 2810 TR Scintillation Counter. The unit comes complete with the quanta-smart software, and everything you need to operate. Included is the unit, software, computers, and sample holders seen in the photos. We are currently using the units and it is up and running. We will throw in the heavy duty table it sits on if you want it and a small refrigerator for samples (posted for radiation use but not contaminated)
You will need to arrange shipping. The unit can fit onto a single pallet. We can shrink wrap it and strap it to a pallet for free. If you want it crate, it will cost $500. We will help you load it onto your truck with a fork lift at our warehouse.
The unit weighs 500 lbs.
From the Manufacturer
Standard instrument features
- Powerful computer system control on a dedicated ergonomic support arm with 2 GB (minimum) RAM and 80 GB hard disk (minimum), built in DVD R/W and EtherNet support.
- Robust downloading sample changer mechanism with an electrostatic controller and a double light sealing shutter that allows the photo multiplier tube detectors to remain on for maximum stability even during sample changing.
- Patented TR-LSC (Time-Resolved Liquid Scintillation Counting) is featured for high sensitivity, low background counting of LS samples. TR-LSC increases sample throughput and reduces cocktail consumption.
- Multi-parameter with an effective resolution of 1/10 keV offers an extended dynamic quench range and provides mutli-parameter spectrum analysis to correct for luminescence, color quenching and background radiation
- Live SpectrView automatic spectrum display aids in optimizing counting conditions and helps evaluate complex sample situations. It allows temporary regions on the spectrum screen and enables the operator to monitor the effect of AEC (Automatic Efficiency Control) while the sample is counting.
- 133Ba low energy external standard source and tSIE (transformed Spectral Index of External standard) calculations eliminate the effects of vial glow, plastic wall and cocktail on the DPM results. The use of integral spectrum counts eliminates the need for repeat counting of external standard and negates the effect of isotope half-life on quench monitoring accuracy and precision. The 133Ba external standard is centered under the sample vial which eliminates the effects of volume variations and assures reproducible quench monitoring for the life of the instrument.
- Positive sample identification provides protocol number, cassette number, sample number, and user-selectable printout and data file storage of the counting time and date for each sample.
- Quick-Count sample loading for 15 independent protocols (with unlimited assays) provides unrestricted access to sample changer and protocol selection plugs. Sample batches are processed by simply activating the Quick-Count protocol plugs, thus minimizing any user programming.
- Anti-jam recovery of the sample changer mechanism protects samples, vials and the counting system from damage if obstructions occur.
- Automatic power-fail recovery restarts counting when power is restored and the instrument has reinitialized itself.
- Date and time clock provides real time display and time-stamped printouts; battery supported
SAM-9 tool monitor. Single door. Can be upgraded with SAM-11 electronics for an additional fee.
We have a large inventory of parts for these units.
The SAM-12 is the industry standard instrument use to free release of potentially contaminated equipment from Nuclear Stations. A shielded tool monitor with plastic scintillation detectors inside a 2″ Lead shielded container for ultra low background counting. This version has two doors for use at a control point.
Serial Number 688.
As with all our equipment, this unit is sold with an unconditional 30 day warrantee. We also have a bunch of SAM-11 and SAM-9 units for a bit less.
We have stands that can be provided free of charge with purchase of a unit. These steel stands are fixed without wheels and the units bolt onto them.
SAM12 Small Articles Monitor
Quickly and thoroughly monitor articles used in radiation-controlled areas for radioactive contamination with a precise, computerized, measurement control solution. The Thermo Scientific™ SAM12 Small Articles Monitor is a well-proven, reliable, rugged instrument that monitors articles for gamma-emitting radionuclides and easily achieves clearance limits for higher energy gamma emitters such as 137Cs and 60Co. This monitor allows dynamic discrimination between natural (NORM) and man-made radiations, and offers a unique feature for 60Co monitoring.
– See more at: http://www.thermoscientific.com/en/product/sam12-small-articles-monitor-1.html#sthash.YfuJI2KC.dpuf
We have a large inventory of PM-7 parts including detectors, power supplies, detector controllers, main boards, etc. Please call for specific pricing as there are numerous parts. We have most parts in stock for immediate delivery.
The pricing is generally half the manufacturers list price.
All parts (and instruments for that matter) are sold with CHP’s unconditional 30 day warrantee. If you have a problem after 30 days, PLEASE CALL ANYWAY and we will try and work something out. We like to keep our clients happy.
The PM-7 is used an numerous nuclear facilities as a gamma portal monitor and even for whole body counting.
The PM-7 utilizes six large gamma-sensitive plastic scintillation detectors to monitor personnel passing through the portal. Traffic flow can be either direction.Two detector assemblies are located in each side of the portal, for head-to-toe-monitoring.
Exterior Dimensions: 2.29 x 1.02 x 0.51 m (90 x 40 x 20 in.)
Interior Opening: 1.98 x 0.61 m (78 x 24 in.)
Weight Approx: 396 kg (874 lbs) without lead, 795 kg (1752 lbs.) with lead.
Lead shielding, 1.9 cm (0.75 in.) thick is field removed/installed.
Battery Backup: 8 hours operating.
Temperature: 0 to 50C (32 to 122F)
Humidity Range: 10 to 95% relative humidity, non-condensing
HFM-7 alpha and beta capable hand and foot monitor in excellent condition.
Foot detector Efficiencies (%surface emission)
Hand detector Efficiencies (%surface emission)
We do have a manual for this unit.
We have a very large parts inventory for the PCM1B. This includes detectors, Control Cards, displays, MDB’s, Power supplies, screens, etc. We have every part you will need. Please call for parts and prices.
The Model PCM-1C Personnel Contamination Monitor is a two-step, microcomputer-based system that replaces hand frisking for contamination control. The
PCM-1C uses fifteen (15) gas flow proportional detectors, an ultrasonic motion sensor, a photoelectric occupant sensor, a microcomputer, support hardware and an
automatic changeover P-10 gas supply system.
• Replaces hand-frisking
• Microcomputer controlled
• Automatic background subtraction
• Automatic gas supply system
• Pre-set alarms
They look the same as a PCM1B but have enhanced alpha measuring ability. The also have separate MDB’s for each of the 15 detectors.
We will shrink wrap and band to a pallet for free, or will make a crate for an extra fee ($500). We also have a very large parts inventory for these.
We have a very large parts inventory for the PCM1C. This includes detectors, displays, MDB’s, Power supplies, screens, etc.
We have a large parts inventory for the PCM-2 including MDB’s, circuit boards, detectors, etc. Please call for specific parts and prices.
Our goal is to sell the parts for half the manufacturers list price. We have many parts in stock for immediate delivery.
We offer unconditional 30 day warrantees on parts.
Alpha and beta portal monitor with excellent geometry.