We offer the Victoreen/Fluke/Innovision 451P Ion chamber. We have some cases we can sell separately if you require a plastic case for the unit. These units have been refurbished by Fluke BioMedicals. We have the Red/Yellow version in stock.
The Fluke Model 451P Ion Chamber is used in a wide range of medical and health physics applications. The Model 451P Ion Chamber was designed to measure leakage and scatter around diagnostic X-ray and radiation therapy suites. Furthermore, the Model 451P is ideal for site surveys and is regularly used by X-ray manufacturers, radiation therapy, government agencies, state inspectors, research labs, biomedical technicians, and in airports for baggage inspection equipment maintenance. This Ion Chamber was manufactured by Victoreen which was owned by Inovsion, Cardinal Health, Syncor, and presently Fluke Biomedical.
We have pelican cases with some of these for $100 extra. Let us know if you want one.
451P Operating Ranges
- 0-500 µR/h or 0-5 µSv/h
- 0-5 mR/h or 0-50 µSv/h
- 0-50 mR/h or 0-500 µSv/h
- 0-500 mR/h or 0-5 mSv/h
- 0-5 R/h or 0-50 mSv/h
Accuracy: Within 10% of reading between 10% and 100% of full scale indication on any range, exclusive of energy response. Calibration source is 137 Cs
Detector Chamber: 300 cc volume pressurized air ionization chamber to 6 atmospheres
Controls:ON/OFF and MODE
Automatic Features: Auto-zeroing, auto-ranging, and auto-backlight
451P Response Time: Analog response time from 10% to 90% of reading for a full scale step increase is dependent on operating range. Response time for a step increase in radiation exposure rate from background:
- high sensitivity µR measurements of exposure and exposure rate
- Available with dose equivalent energy response (SI units)
- Fast response to measure radiation from leakage, scatter beams and pinholes
- Ergonomic, anti-fatigue handle with replaceable grip and wrist strap
- Excel add-in for Windows ® for data logging and selection of instrument operating parameters (optional)
- Low noise chamber bias supply for fast background reading
- Choice of bright, highly visible colors
- Easy touch keys